meta name="p:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/> Sir Paul McCartney & The Beatles guest band Purplemelon: Remember when MTV was Great!
:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/>

Saturday, August 11, 2007

Remember when MTV was Great!

Remebering when MTV was great part 1
Ok you music lovers out there remember when MTV first launched on Television, remember when MTV was great pure video's and music ?

MTV launched on August 1st 1981 with it's great Veejay's (video jockeys) Nina Blackwood, Mark Goodman, Alan Hunter, J.J. Jackson and Martha Quinn the revolution of music & televison 24/7.
The brillant lil MTV commercials remember those the commercials for MTV what little gems in themselves.
I miss the early years & the fantastic video's. MTV was brillant!
Here are some early vids from MTV that I recall off the top of my head. The first video on MTV was "Video killed the radio star" by The Buggles. The lyrics are brillant. I watched it and was in awe. MTV is ok now but they seemed to have lost the magic of the early years in my opinion. Have a MTV video request just ask I'll attempt to find it.
comments please post

Video killed the radio star-The Buggles yes the vid rocks! First MTV video

Slow motion-Blondie, Love her
awww didn't know which Blondie I should post it was between this & Rapture another fav! oh hell I'll just add Rapture also. hehehe

Vienna-Ultravox,brillant this is the better version to the B&W

Talk of the town-Pretenders Love her

Billie Jean-Michael Jackson ok we know this is one of the best vids ever.
new video in its entirety better version.
Well this has taken hours to create this lil post may be adding more at a later date
please leave your comments, enjoy the videos!
harleyblues~
harleyblues note:
I must add that the Osbournes are really the only other brillant thing comin out of the MTV camp so I gotta show some love for Ozzy & Fam, oh yeah!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Nice one!!!
I remember the launch of MTV, I worked in a suite of function rooms and they installed enormous screens throughout and MTV sure pulled the crowds in, it was great.
Remember the music too...that dates me huh hahahahaha

C

The Space Within Us McCartney dvd contest! click on this link to enter the TheSpace Within Us dvd contest I have two copies to give away! all requirements detailed so please enter~
Google

NeoWORX try it yourself!

go to Imagine peace.com and be heard

Search This Blog