meta name="p:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/> Sir Paul McCartney & The Beatles guest band Purplemelon: Local Church in need from Foreclosure
:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/>

Monday, December 24, 2007

Local Church in need from Foreclosure



Local Church in need from Foreclosure

Man this really bothers me and gets to my heart. No, you do not have to be religious, or a church goer to see the symbolism of this story. On my local news KNTV in San Jose's Scott B. from



Upper Room Church in Hayward

The "Tech Report"reports a local church The Upper Room Church in Hayward is in foreclosure asking viewers if they could help in someway.
I applaud Scott's efforts for spreading the word on this Churche's financial hardships. It does bother me tho, that a small Church is in trouble, with no help offered?

No, I'm not talking about us hard working people that barely afford the rent, but corporate giants like, Google, Yahoo, Microsoft, Oracle offering no help. We are in the heart of Silicon Valley people, we have "Big Money" here. Damn, Google and others make billions of dollars a year, can they not offer some money into the kitty for this lil neighborhood Church? These are our neighbors-Hayward's just a roll away across the bay.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not picken on Google as if I could, but I am always on their search engines researching stuff, can they not put all my clicks and everyone else's here in the Bay area to good use and help bail out this Church?

You know Google makes bank outta us, why not give back? Use this opportunity
"Corporate Giant's" to help the lil guy, a small church. You can write it off and everyone wins!
I'm telling you if I had the monies I'd call em up and offer my financial support.

Charity begins at home people and if you can help your neighborhood, well that's a blessing to you. I hope someone comes to their rescue, on this Christmas eve.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Tammy Rodriguez, I am the Youth Pastor at The Upper Room Church, I just want to thank you for showing your support for us. I really appreciate it, You are so right about the mega corporations, they can help but chose not to. If just one can help, wow we would be out of this bind. Bill Gates foundations emailed me and told me that they can not help us at all, we don't meet there standards! So that just goes to show you what we are up against. But I just thank you so very, very much!! I know something good is coming our way. May God bless you abundantly!
Youth Pastor
Tammy Rodriguez

Anonymous said...

Hi just want to say thank you for your support. We appreciate all that you are doing to get the word out. You are so right, I emailed Bill Gates foundation and they denied me any type of funds, they said we do not meet there standards! So that is what we are up against. Well thank you very much and we are praying that God blesses you abundantly.
Youth Pastor
Tammy Rodriguez

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for getting the word out about our church, i know something good is about to happen. We appreciate everything that is said about us. I emailed Bill Gates foundation and they rejected my plea, I don't know what it will take to get there attention. May God bless you,
Youth Pastor,
Tammy Rodriguez

Anonymous said...

Thank you for bringing the Upper Room Church to the forfront, I really appreciate it. Just to let you know that I emailed Bill Gates foundation and they rejected our cry for help. I guess we don't meet there standards. But I thank you for saying some nice things about us, I hope that we get the help that we need.
Thanks again,
Tammy Rodriguez

Unknown said...

Wow! Cool beans the church comes a visitin harleyblues~
Hiya Tammy

I'm Christina, you know I saw the snippet on TV twice and restled with it. It bothered me soo bad. I tell you! Oh great Bill Gates foundation emailes you and said you donot meet their criteria? WTF? Sorry that just makes me more angry---errr you know Im going to resubmit this post perhaps it will catch someones eye? I swear if I had the money I would give it to you guys. I just thought it was such a sweet and heartfelt story! thanx for the post and the Blessings believe me I need all the blessings I can get. I suppose some have never experienced hardships beofore? I feel you! I know all about it!!~
Christina

Unknown said...

ps I have to approve comments that's why your comments were not posting, Has anything happened at all for your lil church?
Christina

Anonymous said...

Sorry I posted so many, I am not good at doing this computer thing. Well we are doing all we can to get what we need, you know we are all feeling the crunch of the economy that is why we are in this situation. But I am very hopeful! We are going to have a Praise a thon next saturday the 12th I believe so I am going to try to get the media and alot of gospel groups out so that we can save our church. People can bring a donation at the same time. Hey at this point we got to do what ever it takes.
Thanks again, you have been awesome!

Unknown said...

Hiya Tammy

I posted another blog message about you & Your Church it's on my front page!~ Upper Room Church update:

Christina

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that even Church would have a chance to be foreclosure. But at some point, I believe that this will be save by the religious ones

C

The Space Within Us McCartney dvd contest! click on this link to enter the TheSpace Within Us dvd contest I have two copies to give away! all requirements detailed so please enter~
Google

NeoWORX try it yourself!

go to Imagine peace.com and be heard

Search This Blog