meta name="p:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/> Sir Paul McCartney & The Beatles guest band Purplemelon: Paul McCartney's Final Tour Rumours Lets not Freak OUT!
:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/>

Friday, July 31, 2009

Paul McCartney's Final Tour Rumours Lets not Freak OUT!

*
*
Please vote for this blog! Stumble or Digg it! TY~
Paul McCartney's Final Tour Rumours Let's Not Freak OUT!

Beatle's and McCartney fans knew this day would come, eventually. According to The Sun.co.uk
Paul McCartney is planing a massive, final tour, next year, in 2010. I am sad to see this happen.

Aug 1st
afternoon sometime.

Yesterday, I read the news, like millions of other people. There are rumours of a McCartney FINAL TOUR! Damn I hoped this wasn't true! Paul, is NOT, calling it quits!!!!!

The finality of it all, left me saddened and wondering? Is Paul actually gonna hang up his Hofner? The past few weeks some close friends and I, have been discussing this same issue. When will Paul call it quits? He has young Bea, his new woman Nancy, he is at a certain age, Is it coming to a point of a"Macca retirement" so he may enjoy his life besides playing for his legions of wild & crazy, diehard fans? Paul McCartney isn't gonna stop touring people! .

Is there any truth in the rumour at all? There is a great lil interview from the Washington Post, dated July 30th that seems to clear up some of the mystery as to IF or when Paul McCartney will retire.

He acknowledges that he has thought about retirement, but not seriously and certainly not soon. "It's what everyone else does, and that thought has to occur to you," he says. "Even 15-year-olds will be looking at the year 65 and think that's probably when I'll retire," he says. "But strange things happen in music. You look at people like Tony Bennett, B.B. King -- people who are as good if not better than they were. And you sort of think, oh! And you look at that as your beacon kind of thing. Plus, the thing is, I always said when people don't want to come and I'm struggling, then I have to look at it more seriously . . . I certainly couldn't just give it up like that. I like it too much."


Yep Paul, I totally agree You say the audiance is healing? Well, YOUR music, is totally healing as I have written many a time on my blog here.I can't wait to see you agian & Rawk out with you and your brillaint band!

Well, I am relieved and estatic to know Macca, isn't retiring anytime soon as a final farwell tour, indicates all over, the damn net. Diehard fans can't help but panic when the news dropped yesterday. Heavey sigh. Like Paul says- don't believe eveything you read.in the media... So rest your lil heads. Paul, isn't gonna stop touring anytime soon!! :):) Be happy, Rejoice! Happy Feet Snoopy Dance! wooohooooo!

I'm happy to READ that!
hb~

5 comments:

Mike said...

HarleyBlues!!
I had the thought of his retirement in the back of my mind, from months ago. Just look at how busy he's been touring, guest performances, recording, and promoting the BeatlesRockBand with Ringo. Quite alot of activity for age 67! But I've seen interviews too where Paul says he just likes to make music and share with his fans. What's not to like??

I doubt he will quit touring, but I imagine he will take a break after this round of shows. Maybe do some TV specials. Just don't ever wind up in Vegas doing a lounge show!! Except for LOVE, of couse!!

Thanks for the comment on musicramble.com.

- Mike

Apple-Nellie said...

He he! Oh, no...please! There is only a few years difference from our age Sir Paul and I know you can still do what Baby King does!

Unknown said...

huh? lol~

Unknown said...

Mike

I agree.. If Paul is enjoying himself.. why not continue touring and makin music? It's in his blood how could you just stopp after 40 years? hehehehe~

Anonymous said...

I love Paul to tears!!
When I heard this rumor I couldn't help but freak out because for one, I have never seen him in concert before (life's mission), two, when I see him in concert that will most likely be the closet I ever get to breathing the same air as him (LOL) and three, I just love Paulie!! Who doesn't?! :D

C

The Space Within Us McCartney dvd contest! click on this link to enter the TheSpace Within Us dvd contest I have two copies to give away! all requirements detailed so please enter~
Google

NeoWORX try it yourself!

go to Imagine peace.com and be heard

Search This Blog