meta name="p:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/> Sir Paul McCartney & The Beatles guest band Purplemelon: Today would have been John Lennon's 70th
:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/>

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Today would have been John Lennon's 70th



Please,Stumble or Digg it! TY~

Today would have been John Lennon's 70th
.
You know, I have mixed feelings about this day October 9th.. A great musical genius was born today; could he ever really envision the millions of lives he has touched through his music- did he ever really know how many lives he affected for the good? did he know of his greatness~
.
I wonder what John Lennon would look like today.. would he have that Jesus vibe going on - long white silvery hairy and a scruffy beard? or would he be clean cut & mellow? Do I really think Lennon would really give a fuck, if it was his 70th and all these celebrations? me thinks, no. For some reason I could hear him say.. I'm just a person people, who made it really big.. I'm no different than you. Why are we still talking about war, why are we still in this war after 10 years? there is peace if you want it.. I guess you don't want it?!

It really struck me, how, Julian Lennon, recently posted, on his Facebook page; He 'thought it rather strange to celebrate someones birthday, when they are no longer here with us'.. I'd have to agree in some ways.. I'd like to think we could celebrate his memory, not a birthday celebration...
.
I do think it rather touching, Google, dedicated a Google doodle in John Lennon's honor .. very touching- it kinda moved me to tears.. Thank you Google from a huge Beatles fan!
John Lennon's message was about Peace & love in the world- haven't we learned this yet? obviously not.. If we could take the time to be kind to one another and help our fellow man this world would be a better place.. not just for one day - everyday..Thoughts through rose colored glasses.. sermon over..

Yoko Ono, is asking for one million peace tweets via Twitter today.. :) nice~

as millions celebrate thru-out the world this weekend.. Me, I'll be listening to Lennon and Beatles music .. trying not to be 'too sad' cos he was taken from his family, Julian, Sean and his fans ..far to early and to be honest that - that, really pisses me off!

I think of Julian Lennon on this day and my heart and thoughts are with him as he unveils a John Lennon statue in Liverpool.. I wish Julian tremendous happiness~ and a lovely day for him and his mum... to be full of Love & laughter~ miles of smiles! :)

I remember a great man named John Lennon on what would have been his 70th birthday..today Let me, not forget his message, of LOVE... his creative genius, his humor, his witt. The music! what a 'Great Beatle' he was! what a legend!.....It's hard not to be sad.. and have mixed feelings ..I had a few tears yesterday.. I'll try, really hard~not to get misty.. Good vibes & positive thoughts~to you all, as we remember John Lennon on what would have been his 70th birthday~~ x

Have a beautiful day~

McCartney~

Some vids below enjoy & listen to them~! :):)









~~~~ ~~~~~~`

1 comment:

Tany said...

Hi!
I've been a Beatles fan since I can remember, I grew up listening to my parents' records and 2 months ago my dream of visiting Liverpool finally came true! I visited the Beatles and John Lennon exhibitions, which were just amazing, as well as The Cavern Club, where they first played, it was the best!
I think instead of celebrating John Lennon's birthday, we should celebrate his memory and excellent music, everyday!

C

The Space Within Us McCartney dvd contest! click on this link to enter the TheSpace Within Us dvd contest I have two copies to give away! all requirements detailed so please enter~
Google

NeoWORX try it yourself!

go to Imagine peace.com and be heard

Search This Blog