meta name="p:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/> Sir Paul McCartney & The Beatles guest band Purplemelon: Veggie Paul McCartney is pissed off with McDonalds
:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/>

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Veggie Paul McCartney is pissed off with McDonalds

*
*
If you like this post Stumble or Digg it!
Veggie Paul McCartney is pissed off with McDonalds
11:40am Oct 8th

Well according to Geoff Baker this is false, the Spokeman part. Geoff Baker is not Paul's spokesperson,. it's news to him? read his short statement here via Geoff's blog I'm liken the comment myself posted in the Sun..We miss you Geoff!

8:pm Oct 7th

OK, so I never got that phone call today from Paul or Ringo on my birthday, see post below. I thought of Paul, Ringo and Geoff Baker, I haven't heard from Geoff in ages! it was nice to watch the vid of Geoff & Paul hugging in the beginning of "Long and Winding Road" vid not until 10 mins. ago when I read this from the Sun.

VEGGIE campaigner Sir Paul McCartney has blasted McDonald’s after accusing them of using his picture to flog HAMBURGERS.

Macca, a vegetarian for 30 years, hit the roof after hearing staff at the fast food chain had put up pictures of the Beatles to attract customers.
His portrait appears alongside band mate John Lennon and fellow veggies Ringo Starr and the late George Harrison at a Liverpool branch.


Sir Paul’s spokesman Geoff Baker fumed: “What sort of morons do McDonald’s think Beatles fans are?
“It’s ridiculous and insulting to use images to peddle hamburgers. Fans should boycott McDonald’s — and not just in Liverpool
.”
read more here

I had lunch at McDonalds today

What is so ironic after I went to the pharmacy to get my prescription today and almost had my car wiped out by a RV while driving. I went to McDonalds since they have that new Monopoly game out, you cannot win if you donot play right? Anyhow, I was going thru the drive thru where a man asked me if I could spare any change?

"Dude, your asking me for money on my birthday?" the man was surprised, he began to tell me of his plight, he was homeless and jobless. I have been there before, I told the man. I know what it's like not to have money and being homeless several times in my life. it sucks.

I reached in my wallet and gave the man a $1 than made it $2 I was almost in tears., I blessed the man. I went thru the drive-thru and told them at the window., "Please buy the man standing outside asking for money, some lunch, I'll pay." So I bought him what I bought myself. parked the car and walked around the side of the building and gave the man his lunch. He was so grateful he wished me Happy Birthday and gave me a hug. smiles.

It just seems so strange talking about Paul & Geoff and thinking of them after the video. hum? I also think it's quite strange, if not weird, that Mikey D's would post piccies of the Beatles inside a Liverpool McDonald's, don't you?

If it had been a world wide veggie restaurant that everyone on the known universe knew about regardless of what language you speak, now that would be something else.
So perhaps I will heed Geoff's Boycott request. I'm already boycotting them liars called Starbucks and their burnt, over priced coffee. equally coincidental I happened ro go to McDonald's today. Boycott McDonalds ha maybe?

Geoff, if you happen to read this, can you please, tell Macca I missed his birthday call... to me.. just in case he wasn't aware of it? lmao! I had a crappy birthday. The silver lining tho -was buying the man outta work lunch from McDonald's ha! Nice to read you in the news Geoff, hugs.
hb~

thoughts?

3 comments:

Apple-Nellie said...

OMG! You gave money to a bastard!
I always have the same plight and now, I learned that these people are lazy, don't work and they use us for their scam! In vividly remembered in front of Target store in Plano 5 years ago, there were a male and female asked for gas money. Mike gave $5.00. I saw it and told him next time ask me first because I already gave them some money. OMG! They were all over the place begging! How shameful!
Lazy bastards and witches.
Begging and live on welfare is the worst thing an American can do!
Get a life!

Next time punch that man if you see him again begging for money!
The next thing he is going to snatch your purse! Be careful!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HOW YOUNG ARE YOU? =)

Unknown said...

Hiya Nellie

aww that is mean he isn't a bastard did you read my post? he was homeless and jobless an older man and just trying to get something to eat. this is very hard on a person I myself never asked for money it was offered at times its so hard when people fall into these types of circumstances.

I wonder if Paul has been asked for money from someone homeless before?

Apple-Nellie said...

I'm sorry =( but during my younger days while I was still strong and making loads of money, I used to give to the United Way and other charities. The money was taken from my weekly pay check because I signed for it so I can help!

My apology if I hurt your feelings.

Peace

C

The Space Within Us McCartney dvd contest! click on this link to enter the TheSpace Within Us dvd contest I have two copies to give away! all requirements detailed so please enter~
Google

NeoWORX try it yourself!

go to Imagine peace.com and be heard

Search This Blog