meta name="p:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/> Sir Paul McCartney & The Beatles guest band Purplemelon: Coachella Q & A with Paul
:domain_verify" content="2a5558d39595a805d8e58431034ef756"/>

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Coachella Q & A with Paul

*
Please vote for this blog! Stumble or Digg it! TY~
Coachella Q & A with Paul
2:10pm
a lil chat with Coachella

1. Have you spent any time in the Palm Springs area? Does the desert inspire you?

I love the desert intensely but have not spent any time in the Palm Springs area, although we did shoot some pictures for the Venus And Mars album cover in northern California in the desert. The desert I know best is Arizona and I love it. I love being there.

2. Why at this point in your illustrious career, did you decide to perform at a U.S. festival?

Because I was asked and it seemed like a great idea. I like that it’s in the desert, I like that it’s the first festival of the year and everyone I talk to told me it was the coolest festival.

3. Will The Fireman be getting a live outing?

We are hoping to bring The Fireman along and persuade him to do a couple of numbers.

4. How do you feel about playing to a crowd as diverse as the Coachella audience? What do you hope the crowd will walk away with?

Their feet! I like diverse audiences; I kind of get them whether I like it or not – my audience often has a big generational span. The spirit at a festival event is very free and so fits with my way of thinking.

5. Are you planning anything different or special for this performance?

Yeah! We will do a few things we haven’t done before and change some of the songs from our normal set.

6. In 2004 you warmed up to Glastonbury with a European tour, how have you been warming up for Coachella?

By playing for David Lynch’s ‘Change Begins Within’ foundation in NYC.

7. Do you feel in the festival setting that there’s a certain level of camaraderie among the performers?

Yeah I think performers and audience all know it’s a party and we are all part of something special – it’s a coming together of like-minds which is always pretty exciting.

8. What are your expectations from this show?

I expect to have a great evening out and groove with ‘ma people’.

coolio, Paul!! I hope you play to the hardcores especially in Vegas!~ wish I could be there at Coachella......woohooooo! hehehe well you hope they leave with their feet Paul? lmao, Ok, so new music from Electric Arguments-and never performed music-with this current band? or never performed music ever?

hb~
Paul McCartney & The band to play this coming friday, April 17th, Coachella festival-it should be wicked

source: Macca's digs~

Thanx Liz for the heads-up!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Yeah! We will do a few things we haven’t done before and change some of the songs from our normal set."

Oh yeah! I hope he adds new songs to the setlist (not counting Fireman songs.) Too bad I won't be there... oh well, I'll be listening to the webcast! :)

C

The Space Within Us McCartney dvd contest! click on this link to enter the TheSpace Within Us dvd contest I have two copies to give away! all requirements detailed so please enter~
Google

NeoWORX try it yourself!

go to Imagine peace.com and be heard

Search This Blog